Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Silver Lake-based clothing brand O'Harrow Clothiers' spread cotton button down shirt ($95) is an ace shirting option to get 2014 started off in style.
- Ties tend to be the default gifting option, so a sleek sterling silver tie bar (
- Manny J: "Moods of Norway (7964 Melrose Ave) offers that desired European slim fit and sizes ranging from 34 to an American 50. I recommend the Burgundy Velvet suit jacket and matching trouser as a great outfit for the upcoming Yuletide holiday and or New
- For the guy who knows the difference between his whisky and his whiskey, these hand-milled Whisky Stones ($20) will keep his drink cold without the annoying melty ice.
Steven V. Torres, MRKT: "This limited edition backpack is compact enough to travel and offers great compartments inside. The French colors make it a great look for spring/summer.
Pictured: Commune de Paris x Peters Mountain Work backpack,
Manny J, men's stylist: "Stop by Goorin Bros. hat shop (7627 Melrose Ave) and pick up a classic fedora after saying hi to their shop keeper, Marianne. My current fave is the Ma Jenkins, a classic millinery fedora hat made of wool."
Pictured: Goorin B
- This all-in-one natural shave cream by Ernest Supplies ($25) fights razor burn and moisturizes. Sounds nice, no?
Steven V. Torres, MRKT: "Probably one of my favorite coffee table books just released. Love that you have three super models and one amazing icon of a photographer, Craig McDean."
Pictured: Amber, Guinevere & Kate Photographed by Craig McDean, <
Boxers, briefs, socks, ties: are these on your gift list for the guy in your life this holiday season? If you (and your dude!) are totally over usual suspects that somehow make their way beneath the tree every year, perhaps a few of LA's most fashionable gents can offer a helping hand.
In addition to offering our own stylish suggestions, we've also tapped cool boutique owner Steven V. Torres of blogger-faved essential men's shop MRKT and dapper Gent's Closet stylist Manuel Jackson to share their own sartorially-minded picks. From smart suiting to a fashionable coffee table book featuring three standout '90s supes, here are eight ace gift options to wow your man.