Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photos by Elizabeth Daniels
- The main entrance is inside the Hollywood Galaxy Shopping Center, across from Sandella's Flatbread Café. There's also an entrance outside of the complex on Sycamore Avenue.
- Meticulously organized dishware and dining room furniture.
- More kitchenware eye candy.
- The arts and crafts station offers DIY letter and postcard essentials.
- Colorful, double-sided pens are $1.50 a pop.
- Bathroom towels, tools and organizers.
- This is the first MUJI store in the US to carry food. Packaged treats, like these white chocolate covered strawberries, are located near the cash wrap. All snacks are less than $5.
- OMG shoes! For men and women.
- Rainy day necessities.
- Hard shell suitcases range from $166 to $237.
- Holiday gift ideas.
- Awesome: those little boxes contain shrink wrap T-shirts ($12.95) and scarves ($9.95). If your next trip requires you to travel ridiculously light, pop a few of these in a carry-on and you're good to go.
- MUJI Hollywood is also the first store in the US to carry Found MUJI. The brand tells us that this line features "items from around the world, re-discovered and renewed by MUJI, to represent the roots and philosophy of our products."
- No one does bags like MUJI.
- More holiday giftables.
- Before you travel anywhere cold this season, make a stop here first.
- Another US first: this store carries MUJI Labo, which is "a clothing line that infuses the simplicity and practicality of MUJI's stationery and lifestyle goods into clothing, with attention to detail for comfort and functionality."
- All MUJI apparel is 50% off right now. Seriously.
- Menswear offerings.
- Wool tweed down vest, reg $74.98. (But remember, it's 50% off!)
- Organic cotton chambray shirts in every color of the rainbow.
- Fitting rooms are located on the far right of the store.
- MUJI Hollywood is open Monday through Saturday from 10am to 9pm and Sunday from 11am to 7pm.
After six months of teasing, MUJI finally opened its very first LA store this past weekend. The 8,600-square-foot space is the Japanese home and lifestyle chain's US flagship, and it sure feels that way. Filled with an out-of-this-world amount of perfectly packaged minimalist goods, this is truly a one-stop-shop for just about everything in your life.
As MUJI revealed to us last month, the spacious store's décor stays true to MUJI's concept of "simplicity, modesty and quality." Interior highlights include exposed brick columns and reclaimed wood finishings, offering a rustic-meets-industrial vibe. The retailer's Japan team flew in to oversee the store's visual merchandising, making sure that every single item in categories like furniture, kitchen, bathroom, stationary, travel, storage, footwear and apparel are expertly organized.
Speaking of apparel, to mark the big opening MUJI is hooking up Hollywood shoppers with 50% off all clothing for the next few weeks. Insane, right? Explore the store below and plan a visit soon.
· MUJI [Official Site]
· Nice! Muji's US Flagship Is Opening on Hollywood This Fall [Racked]
· Molasses-Like Progress Being Made on Muji Hollywood [Racked]
· Exclusive! MUJI Tells Us Everything About Their LA Flagship [Racked]
· MUJI Hollywood's Pop-Up Shop Teaser Opens This Saturday [Racked]