Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
To support local retailers this season (and to break our online shopping addiction), we're scouring LA's best boutiques for gift-worthy items that are ready to shop right now. This is our IRL (In Real Life) Gift Guide.
- Versus Versace zebra backpack, $495.
- For the futuristic footwear lover: Opening Ceremony zip front mirror platform oxfords, $300.
- For the seriously stylish travel junkie: Opening Ceremony cosmetics case ($32 sale, $45 reg) and passport cover ($26 sale, $36 reg).
- For the selfie addict: Kenzo iPhone 5 case, $55.
- For the rainy city resident: Jean Paul Gautier umbrella, $175.
- For the leggy statement dresser: Chloë Sevigny x Emilio Cavallini tights ($80) and thigh highs ($70).
- For the cologne connoisseur: Comme des Garçons Wonderwood Eau de Parfum, $125.
- For the designer sweater collector: Rodarte sweatshirt, $175.
- For the pint-sized streetwear star in the making: Jeremy Scott x Adidas Originals kid sneakers, $110.
- For the obsessively organized: Opening Ceremony desk sets in small ($50), medium ($95) or large ($125).
- For the retro style-setter: Opening Ceremony rabbit fur snap bracelet (yes, it really snaps around your wrist!), $75.
- For the avant-garde fashion-loving baller: Fleet Illya basketball cage, $640.
Ah, Opening Ceremony. The playground for LA's coolest of cool kids, this one-stop-shop carries just about every cult-favorite designer under the sun. In addition to collaborating with trailblazers like Rodarte and Chloë Sevigny, founders Humberto Leon and Carol Lim are also big on promoting fresh talent, like Cali's own Shaun Samson.
If your gift list is filled with insanely stylish folks this season, here's a roundup of twelve inventive presents to impress them with. From the above Versus Versace backpack for bold city-dwellers to furry Jeremy Scott x Adidas Original sneakers for fashion babies to a freakin' rabbit fur snap bracelet (yup), you'll get a kick out of these offerings.
· Opening Ceremony [Opening Ceremony]
· 40+ Sales! The Cool Kid's Guide to Black Friday in LA [Racked]