Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Upon arrival at The Reserve Lofts, ask a security guard to give you access to the special elevator in the back that takes you to the 7th floor. The other elevators only go up to the 6th.
- Follow the signs!
- After waiting in line for a short time, you're invited into a tiny suite filled with two tables of various Rodarte sweaters and hoodies ($80) and T-shirts ($60).
- Off in the corner is a table of Rodarte's iconic knitwear, priced from $550 to $1,000+. The racked of RTW features dresses, jackets and skirts ranging from $1,000 to $5,000.
- Only a few pairs of Rodarte spring 2013 shoes were spotted near the cash wrap, and they are going for $350. All size 40. Before we could take a snap, a sly shopper grabbed a pair of suede, past-season sandals that were going for just $10. Crazy!
After feverishly checking our emails, late last night we received the official hours and location info for Rodarte's well-hyped LA sample sale. The hush-hush event has been going on since 10am today and will continue through 7pm. As we predicted, it's located in suite 711 at DTLA's Reserve Lofts (409 W Olympic Boulevard), the same location Rodarte held their equally secretive sale back in 2009.
We arrived early this morning to scope the scene, and were pleased to find two $7 parking lots near the building. After entering the lobby and requesting access to the special elevator that takes you to the 7th floor (there's only one, and it's in the back to the left), we encountered a surprisingly small line of shoppers that included everyone from Rachel Zoe's Mandana Dayani to actress Gillian Jacobs.
Read on for the full rundown and swing by ASAP! Cash/credit welcomed, no purchase limit and no, they're not replenishing items.
· Rodarte [Official Site]
· Shhh: Rodarte is Having a Secret Sample Sale in LA This Friday [Racked]