Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Back detail on this wonderfully ethereal Todd Lynn top.
- '90s sportswear vibes by Nasir Mazhar.
- Marques' Almeida's cow print coat is the ultimate statement outerwear piece.
- J.W. Anderson never disappoints.
- All white everything by Astrid Andersen.
- Sister by Sibling offering intricate partywear for their debut LA showcase.
- Camo blazer action by Lee Roach.
- LA's own Shaun Samson (left) with one of his Cali chill-inspired look for spring 2014.
- Throw on a towel and platform Vans and call it a day.
France isn't the only country having a West Coast moment. This week, the British Fashion Council returned to Ace Gallery in Beverly Hills to present its latest London Show Rooms showcase. The event is meant to expose local stylists and buyers to a handful of up-and-coming design stars across the pond.
This year's presentation featured David Koma, Topshop favorite J.W. Anderson, Marques'Almeida, Sister By Sibling, Todd Lynn, Astrid Andersen, Lee Roach Nasir Mazhar and our very own hometown hero, San Diego-raised, London-based Shaun Samson. A longtime fan of infusing Cali into his designs, we had to ask him what he felt about the fashion world's current West Coast state of mind.
"Sportswear and surfer style is huge right now, and no one does it better than California," Samson explains. "There's something youthful and nostalgic about the West Coast, and I'm glad to see that others are finally realizing that this is the ideal lifestyle." See his looks and more after the jump.