Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Simone Camille designer Simone Harouche with co-host Courtney Trop.
- The quaint sale space is located between Love Sweat Tea and 3Twenty Wine Lounge on South La Brea Ave.
- Simone Camille's super-popular backpacks are a steal here, especially since they're over $1,000 regularly.
- Bargain bins are filled with great finds. Even the picked over stuff is cute.
- $20 bin of tiny bags.
- Those bright red leather crossbody bags are buttery soft.
- Perfect jetsetter bags.
- Courtney can't decide.
- Globally inspired styles.
- These smaller bags are going fast.
- We promised you cool girls at this sale. Here's one looking lovely in a Givenchy oversized sharktooth pendant necklace wit
- More snacks! These are vegan and gluten-free brownies and muffins by Treats for Zoe, which are sold at Alfred Coffee & Kitchen (8428 Melrose Place).
- Furry things by Ugg weren't on the original roster, but people were feeling it.
- Janessa Leone's cool-girl hats were also going fast.
- Two satisfied customers.
- All 194t were going for $45.
- More 194t.
- Bohemian arm candy by Emerson Ryder.
- Emerson Ryder's daintier pieces.
This morning, we stopped by Day One of Simone Camille's blogger-hosted sample sale to stock up on designer/stylist Simone Harouche's bag hoarder essentials. As expected, all items are going for 30 to 75% off and also include discounted designs from a trio of cult-favorite brands: 194t (basics), Emerson Ryder (jewelry) and Janessa Leone (hats). As not expected, the event is surprisingly stress-free and filled with generous extras.
In addition to major deals (there's a $20 bag bin!), Harouche also hooked up tons of treats for her sale-hungry shoppers, like white wine, veggies and vegan/gluten-free muffins by Treats for Zoe. Co-host Geri Hirsch of Because I'm Addicted wasn't there yet, but we did spot our girl Courtney Trop of Always Judging hanging with shoppers and picking up some new baggage.
See below for pricing details and hot finds, and stop by today 'til 5pm or tomorrow from 11am to 3pm. Cash and credit accepted and there's no bag check at the door, so come relaxed!
· Simone Camille [Official Site]
· Hang with Cool Girls at Friday's Simone Camille Sample Sale [Racked]