Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Images courtesy of Westfield Century City.
- "I want to give you things, 2013" by Gregory Siff.
- "Dala Deer" by Karen Kimmel.
- "LA XMAS" by Mister Cartoon.
- "Angel Reindeer" by Colette Miller.
- "The B&W Reindeer: A Retrospective of the Photography of Estevan Oriol" by Estevan Oriol.
- "A Walk in the Garden of Creativity II" by Yolanda Gonzalez.
- "Billy Atlas: The Living Forest" by A Place Called Home.
- "Nothing Shall Go to Waste" by James Bond.
- "Oh Deer, That's Graffiti" by Man One.
- Untitled by Sage Vaughn.
- "Prey" by Noah Davis.
- Glow-in-the-dark "Snow Globe" by Ponti Lambros.
Looking for more free and festive holiday action? Now through December 31st, Westfield Century City is showcasing twelve reindeer art installations for it's second annual Reindeer Project charitable initiative. All pieces were designed by renowned local artists, including LA Kings collaborator Mister Cartoon and "L.A. Fingers" originator Estevan Oriol.
See below for a closer look at each reindeer creation and visit the shopping center to see them IRL. They're also up for auction here, with sale proceeds benefitting two children's charities, A Place Called Home and Free Arts for Abused Children.
· A Place Called Home [Official Site]
· Westfield Century City [Official Site]
· Updated! Festive & Free Holiday Sights at LA Shopping Centers [Racked]