Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The Isabel Marant women's inventory at H&M Beverly Center.
- What's left of the Isabel Marant x H&M in the men's department at the Beverly Center.
- Not much Isabel Marant women's merch left at the Americana at Brand's H&M.
- The Americana at Brand's H&M has a decent selection of Isabel Marant accessories.
- Just a few tops, pants, shorts and coats for kids at H&M Americana.
- The Americana at Brand has a small selection of Isabel Marant x H&M coats and pants in the men's department.
Well folks, Isabel Marant pour H&M came and went—did you nab everything on your wish list? While the retailer's microsite for the collection has since gone poof, it's all still happening over on eBay, where you can grab that highly coveted beaded jacket for your choice of prices between $450 to $1,200. (Really??)
As we experienced for ourselves last week at the Beverly Center, the fast fashion chain ran a seriously tight ship for the kick-off of their collab with chic French designer, and the crowd was nowhere near as insane as at past launches (here's looking at you, Marni). Since last Thursday's spree was pretty smooth sailing, we didn't mind paying quick visits to a few stores to see what was left on the shelves. Click on the jump to see what we found, plus pro tips for scoring pieces of the collection sans eBay.
· Beverly Center (8500 Beverly Blvd; 310-855-1009): As of yesterday, this location appears to have the biggest selection of women's merch. Plenty of tops and accessories, plus a random assortment of pants, dresses, skirts and wool coats. The men's section also has a full rack of wool coats from size 34R to 40R.
· West Hollywood (8580 Sunset Blvd; 310-855-9683): Staff tells us there are "some random items" left in each department. In the women's section, only a handful of tops, pants and accessories remain. Men can expect to find a small selection of those side embroidered denim and leather pants.
· Westfield Century City (10250 Santa Monica Blvd; 310-843-9543): The staff here tells us there's "a little bit of everything" in the women's department, and shoppers are snapping up items as they're returned. Just like at other H&Ms, there are "mainly men's pants and some jackets," plus a small selection of kid's clothing.
· Americana at Brand (891 Americana Way; 818-502-9835): Our weekend visit revealed plenty of jewelry, but only a few women's items remaining (one black lace top, a ruffly skirt, a wool jacket). The other departments offered a bigger (albeit still limited) selection; men's had a rack with an assortment of embroidered pants, jackets and one pair of black leather pants.
· South Coast Plaza (3333 Bristol St, Costa Mesa; 714-557-0362): Down in OC, the staff tells us there are "a few blouses, a few pairs of pants and scarfs" in the ladies' department, while it's very slim pickings in the men's section (a lone gray top, leather pants).
Oh, and it seems shoppers have caught a case of buyer's remorse, as staff members at all the locations above tell us they've been getting plenty of returns. Per the retailer's policy, all Isabel Marant items must be returned within seven days after purchase—so if you're still holding out on hope of scoring hot ticket items like those fuzzy sweaters, we suggest stalking your local stores over the next few days for castaways and eBay fails. Good luck!
· All Isabel Marant for H&M Coverage [Racked]
· Isabel Marant for H&M: Diehards Arrive with Coffee, on Segways [Racked]
· Isabel Marant for H&M: Beaded Jackets and Sweaters Going Fast [Racked]