Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Rumer Willis getting pierced.
- Also in the house was celeb stylist Maeve Reilly, who couldn't resist telling us about her wildest piercing story: "When I was fifteen living in New York, I really wanted to get my nipples
- Maeve's latest additions.
- The lovely Jacquie Aiche.
- Celebs, stylists and editors raiding Aiche's studio.
- Another brave partygoer getting pierced with a smile.
- This was a serious operation.
- Racked LA editor Natalie Alcala looking slightly terrified before getting poked.
- Natalie's new holes decked out in Jacquie Aiche jewels.
- More of Jacquie Aiche's awesome accoutrements.
As seen here and here, the key to a killer bash involves more than just booze and bites. Although we've seen our share of entertaining extras (nail art stations and photo booths are always a hit), we have to give it up to jewelry designer Jacquie Aiche for hosting a straight-up piercing party at her Beverly Hills studio last week.
The bold fête was a toast to the LA jeweler's enchanting gems beloved by stars like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Rihanna, Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus. Another huge supporter, Rumer Willis (above), even stopped by the festivities to brave the pain provided by Nathan's Tattoos & Piercings.
Before getting poked ourselves (see below for proof!), Aiche let us in on her earliest piercing memory: "When I was 12 years old, my friend and I went to Melrose to get our cartilage pierced. It hurt, but it was so worth it. I got in trouble when I got home, but that was worth it, too!"
· Jacquie Aiche [Official Site]
· 7 Cali Brands Spotted in That New Miley Cyrus Music Video [Racked]
· Nasty Gal Gets Pierced; Current/Elliott Launches E-Commerce [Racked]