Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Image via Shea Marie/Peace Love Shea
- "This past summer, I visited Greece for the first time and got to explore several of the myriad of islands. Though all were beautiful, Santorini was unbelievable - truly surreal! That feeling when a postcard becomes reality, but even better. Arguably one
- "Stockholm is one of my favorite cities to visit - I try to visit once a year in late summer or fall. I go with an empty suitcase in tow because that's how good the shopping is, from perfect triangle bras at Weekday to BLK DNM leather to pretty much every
- "This past summer I visited Greece for the first time, and it was by far the most unforgettable trip. The island of Santorini particularly took my breathe away for its magnificent view of the Aegean sea, and of course the world famous sunset. In my opinio
- "Just got back from a work trip to Yukon, which is further North than Alaska. No words can describe how beautiful the open, vastness of this three day old frozen lake was." - Olivia Lopez, Lust for Life
- "Traveling for work is sometimes more of a nuisance than a perk when you're visiting factories over and over, but one particularly memorable work trip (one of my favorite life trips, actually) took me to Amsterdam (I'm at Schiphol Airport in this photo),
- "I recently honeymooned with my husband in Africa and spent eight days on a tiny island in the Seychelles called Denis Island. It was the most relaxing, secluded and romantic vacation I've ever been on. Every day felt like we were living in a postcard. Ou
- "Approximately a year ago, I flew to Chicago on business and stayed at some of the most spectacular hotels. The Drake Hotel, in particular, provided the perfect romantic backdrop for a GQ-es
- "I spent a weekend at the Amangiri resort in Utah, and it was truly rejuvenating. After a short two-hour trip from LA, I found myself in one of the most beautiful places in North America that was both relaxing (think silence and spa treatments) and full o
- "I headed to Bali in August with my boyfriend to celebrate my 26th birthday and visit some potential manufacturers for Luv Aj. It was a lot of work, and a lot of play, and just completely magical. I was blown away with how hip and cool all the restaurants
- "My husband and I went to Turks and Caicos for our honeymoon last month. This is truly the world's best-kept secret! We stayed at my go-to property in Providenciales, Grace Bay Club,
- "I love Baja, Mexico and specifically the Guadalupe Valley. My boyfriend and I drove down from Los Angeles last December for a long weekend at the Hotel Endemico. On the way we stopped
- "From exploring a creepy-ass abandoned hotel in a tiny hillside town above Lake Como to landing the best seat in the house (complete with sunset views) at a seafood resto in Cinque Terre, my honeymoon in Italy takes the cake for my most dreamiest vacay. A
- "Tulum is paradise because it's one of those rare places where you can relax on a white sandy beach that's right out of a Corona commercial and do absolutely nothing one day, then the next day you can go explore and get some culture. The day after that, y
- "One of the most magical things about a tropical escape are those hot summer nights. That cool evening breeze that you normally get chills from feels warm and refreshing against your newly tan skin. In this photo, I was caught in the act of enjoying that
- "When I woke up in the morning at Beachcomber Royal Palm Hotel in Mauritius, I had nothing but the ocean around me. I loved that I could have lunch on the beach in a quie
- "One of my favorite trips was last summer in Hawaii. I had to go to a friend's wedding in Honolulu but spent five days in Maui first. With my crazy schedule it was so nice to go makeup-free and just throw on a neon bikini and cut-offs and unwind on an emp
Although our city is filled with exciting new stores and major sales, sometimes it's necessary to get out of town. (Distance makes the heart grow fonder, no?) If you're looking for a valid reason to dust off that passport (or finally renew it!), take a peek at some of the glorious getaways LA's best bloggers and fashion insiders have jetted off to recently.
From Stockholm-loving blogstar Rumi Neely to Tulum-trotting stylist Ilaria Urbinati to Bali-backing designer Amanda Thomas, we asked some of our favorite jet-setters to break down just why their destination of choice is a slice of heaven. We even included our own editors in the mix to prove that if we can do, you sure as hell can do it too. Enjoy the show and get to booking!
· All Travel Week 2013 Posts [Racked]