Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Marie Turnor bag, $215.
- Does it get any cooler than Wren and Clare Vivier? The two local favorites have teamed up to create this incredibly chic leopard tote ($410) fit for an East Coast escape.
- Halle Berry is a huge fan of this Cleobella bag ($591) which comes with a detachable stud pouch that's perfect for a late-night jaunt.
- Always ones to offer Cali-friendly goods at an affordable price, Poketo encourages using their utility canvas tote (
- This Karla bag ($670) from superstar stylist
- As seen in LAX Tom Bradley's fantastical Fred Segal shop, this stylish Clare Vivier bag (
- This bright Roxy duffle ($74) will immediately tell your flight seat mates that you're going somewhere fun, sunny and jealous-inducing.
- Blogger favorite RoviMoss reveals a sleek and minimalist tote (
Now that you know how to pack your suitcase like a champ, let's talk about that vital-yet-often-neglected travel accessory: the carry-on. Available in weekender, duffle, tote, backpack and oversized satchel form, this essential bag is your ultimate roll dog, especially if you lose your checked-in luggage. (We're so hoping this never happens to you!) With that said, it's time to give her a little TLC, don't you think?
If you're looking to replace that beat-up Jansport that you've been secretly toting for years in a non-ironic way, here's a roundup of eight foolproof carry-on bags crafted by LA's best. From Marie Turnor's IKEA-inspired creation above to Cleobella's Halle Berry-beloved design, options are plentiful.
· All Travel Week 2013 Posts [Racked]
· Brilliant Packing Tips From a Travel Pro [Racked]
· 16 Local Tastemakers Reveal Their Best Vacations Ever [Racked]
· The Bag That Will Last Through Winter and Your Whole Life [Racked]