Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Aimee Song and friend as loofahs. Photos by Cal Bingham.
- Second place costume winners Christa Jane and Zack Tanck as Malibu beach babes. Brilliant!
- Third place winner Liz Cherkasova's head was a tribute to Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" video.
- When in doubt, keep it classic.
- Coolhaus employees dressed up as Coolhaus' Scary Skyscraper Challenge IRL!
- DJ White Wig dropping the beats.
- Celeb nail stylist Destinee Handly handling Christa Jane's digits with NCLA's Halloween-themed nail wraps.
- Beauty guru Corrine Kaz giving jewelry designer Jesse Southern a feline face.
- Here at the results! Jesse Southern as what she calls a "cheetah gypsy woman thing" with friend Carlos Villarreal.
- Need a lift?
- Nice color coordinating!
- A skeleton feeding vodka to the baby from The Hangover. Only at our party.
- Popeye and Olive. The ultimate couple's costume.
- Our favorite stylish comedienne and web sensation Marissa Ross rocking one of Kitson's controversial designer drug sweatshirts.
- The Little Mermaid lives!
- Spooky-chic swans, courtesy of Racked LA's associate editor Danielle Directo-Meston and her husband.
- Jesse and Jane forever! A Breaking Bad tribute, courtesy of Racked LA editor Natalie Alcala and her husband.
- Eater LA editor Kat Odell as a classic cigarette girl, chillin' with Dorothy.
- Blogger Jenny Wu of Good, Bad and Fab as Audrey Hepburn with Penelope Vintage's Chanelle Laurence as A$AP Rocky. Check out that grill!
- The winner of Eater LA's Coolhaus ice cream flavor contest was—wait for it—Sweet Corn Ice Cream with Buttered Caramel Swirl and Candy Corn. Yup.
- The Addams Family never gets old.
- Meowing right back at ya, ladies.
- A killer clown to break up the cutesy costumes.
The Halloween spirit was in full effect last night at our costume party with Eater LA and Coolhaus. Held at the rad ice cream shop's spacious digs in Pasadena, the event was filled with genius get-ups ranging from awesomely haunting to straight-up hilarious.
After indulging in the night's endless supply of treats that included free Halloween makeup applications by Corrine Kaz, spooky nail wraps by NCLA, festive drinks by SVEDKA and, of course, mounds of delicious ice cream by Coolhaus, it was time to award the best-dressed partygoers.
Our first prize winner, superblogger Aimee Song of Song of Style, earned a $200 Urban Outfitters gift card for dressing up as a loofah. The second prize, a $100 Madison gift card, went to Malibu beach babes Christa Jane of Fashion or Famine and Zack Tanck. Third place's $100 Wasteland gift card went to Late Afternoon's Liz Cherkasova, who killed it with her homage to Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" video. See all the winning looks (and more!) after the jump.
· Coolhaus [Official Site]
· Eater LA [Official Site]
· 13 Wild Halloween Bashes in LA, From Stylish to Spooky [Racked]
· Score a Spot at Our Halloween Bash with Eater and Coolhaus! [Racked]