Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Boast a badass biker babe look while protecting your palms from later aches and pains. Rizzo faux leather bike gloves, $22 at NastyGal
- Show some LA pride while keeping things breezy with your steezey. Poprageous Los Angeles tank, $34, Poprageous
- Channel your inner sports star with these totally leg-baring (but possibly cheek-baring) luxe retro shorts from an LA-based label. Word to the wise: wear these if you're not shy. Love, Zooey oatmeal running shorts, $45,
- These side stripe leggings are perfect for those looking to give their legs full coverage. Topshop multi side strip treggings, $56 at
- The sun's gonna be shining, so you'll need some sweet shades to shield your peepers while you're pedaling. Warby Parker Neville sunnies with polarized lenses, $95 at Warby Pa
- While you won't need this bell to flip the biker's version of the bird at anyone (most pedalers are quiet polite), it'll come in handy for the many spontaneous bursts of bell-ringing that tend to happen. Hey, peeps are pumped. Linus Bikes cl
- Looking for a more budget-friendly alternative to keeping your wares at your waist? Try this retro-cool fanny pack, which comes in several color options. American Apparel leather fanny pack, $42 at
- Nothing's more annoying than a swinging purse ruining your ride. This hands-free pack will hold your essentials in style. Clare Vivier fannypack, $230 at Clare Vivier.
- If you're not the fanny pack type, this retro holographic backpack will surely bring some joy to your fellow riders. Gammaray Pack, $98 at UNIF
- Planning on a pit stop at Grand Park for some mid-ride picnicking? This sweet vintage-inspired bike basket will keep your snacks from getting squished. Nantucket Lightship bike basket, $50 at
After conquering a few cycling sweat seshes this summer, we're convinced it's time to dust off our old two-wheelers and take our skills to the streets. If you, like us, are inspired by this ridic government shutdown sitch and wanna ditch a lazy weekend of congressing in favor of some cool autumn cardio, this Sunday's epic car-less CicLAvia in Downtown is a good place to start.
While the seven-hour event is hardly a ride of Tour de France proportions (don't worry, it's not a race!), there's a good chance of breaking a light sweat if you decide to crank your pedaling up a notch. To help you look the part and ride in style, we've rounded up ten fashionable and functional accessories and gear from $12 to $230 to sport this Sunday. Oh, and don't forget your helmet—safety is sooo chic.
· CicLAvia [Official Site]
· Where Sonja Rasula Goes in Silver Lake To Buy Bikes [Racked]
· Vere Verto's Versatile Bicycle Bags Merge Fashion and Function [Racked]