Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Now that you have your Halloween costume sitch sorted, let's take a look at this week's best party options. There are tons of local festivities worth dressing up for tomorrow through Sunday, including our event on the 29th and on the big day, October 31st, where you have a whopping eight events to explore. Let's go!
Wednesday, October 30:
· 143 and DJ SoSuperSam are hosting a '90s-themed costume contest at Footsies in DTLA (2640 N Figueroa St). RSVP here for free admission.
· Coolhaus, Eater LA and Racked LA's costume and ice cream bash at Coolhaus Pasadena (59 E. Colorado Blvd). 8—11pm. Invite-only, but party crashers with crazy-awesome costumes are welcomed.
Thursday, October 31:
· Malibu Country Mart transforms into "Maliboooo Country Mart" with kids trick-or-treating at participating stores from 4 to 6pm and a Halloween costume contest at 6pm. 3835 Cross Creek Rd.
· West Hollywood presents its annual Halloween Costume Carnaval, aka the largest Halloween street party in the world. 6—11pm. Click here for performances and more info on the free event.
· Goodie Tu-Shoes hosts a Michael Jackson Thriller-themed party at 1723 North Hudson. 10pm—2am. Free with RSVP here.
· Drai's presents a superhero and villain costume party with music by Posso. 10pm—3am at Drai's (6250 Hollywood Blvd). Purchase $25 tickets here.
· Mad Decent and MFG host "Teach Me How to Chuckie 4: Screeches and Lean" at Standard DTLA (550 S Flower St). 9pm—2am. $10 with RSVP here.
· Booby Trap and Mmhmmm present OKKULT! at The Standard, Hollywood (8300 Sunset Blvd). Special live performance by Detox of Rupaul's Drag Race. 10pm—2am. RSVP here for free admission.
· Mondrian Hotel's Skybar Asylum inspired by the second season of American Horror Story. 8pm—2am at Mondrian LA (8440 Sunset Blvd). To RSVP or reserve a table, call 323-848-6025 or email email@example.com.
· Rob Zombie's Great American Nightmare is throwing a punk rock Halloween with performances by Andrew WK and more. LA County Fairplex in Pomona (1101 W McKinley Ave). Purchase $30 GA tickets here.
Saturday, November 2:
· Dia de los Muertos Festival at Hollywood Forever Cemetery (6000 Santa Monica Blvd). This year's packed schedule includes a performance by Saul Hernández. 12pm—12am. $15 online and at the door.
· Hard Fest's two-day "Day of the Dead" event at LA Historic Park (1245 N Spring St). Sat and Sun, 12pm—12am. Click here to purchase one-day GA and VIP tickets ($90-$145) or two-day GA and VIP tickets ($170-$270).