Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Image via @pietrino82/Instagram
- Rachel Zoe and Karolina Kurkova. Image via @rachelzoe/Instagram
- Vogue Italia editor-in-chief Franca Sozzani with celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck and his wife, Gelila Assefa. Image via @chefwolfgangpuck/Instagram
- Franca Sozzani with Skaist-Taylor designers/Juicy Couture founders Pamela Skaist-Levy and Gela Nash Taylor. @skaisttaylor/Instagram
- Tennis star Maria Sharapova.
- Motown legend Smokey Robinson and wife Claudette.
- Model Angela Lindvall.
- Actress and The Local Rose blogger Shiva Rose.
- Actres/former model Amber Valletta.
- Model Devon Aoki.
- DJ Sky Nellor
- The stylish scene.
- Dita von Teese.
- Kim Kardashian chats it up with a guest.
- Franca, Kim, Kanye, Wolfgang: Table 7 was the place to be.
- Guess who's here? Guests buzzed when Kim and Kanye arrived.
- Joe Jonas and Blanda Eggenschwiler.
- Franca schmoozes with guests over Kanye's shoulder.
Spago is a hot spot to be a fly on the wall, and last night proved no exception. The ritzy resto was a star-studded scene full of fashion's finest, Tinseltown's top talents and well-heeled folk, all to toast Vogue Italia editor-in-chief Franca Sozzani. Hosted by actress and former model Amber Valletta and celeb chef Wolfgang Puck, the Beverly Hills bash marked non profit org Dream for Future Africa Foundation's inaugural gala.
As for the guest list? Dressed-to-the-nines partygoers like burlesque beauty Dita von Teese snacked on fancy finger foods (tuna tartar, shrimp pizza and the like—it's Spago, after all), while boho blogger/actress Shiva Rose chatted it up with model Angela Lindvall. See partygoers' private snaps and more in the gallery above.
Newly engaged Kim Kardashian and Kanye West found their seats at the head table with the stylish soiree's honoree, right up there with tennis star Maria Sharapova and a host of industry insiders, uber rich philanthropists and more.
Behind them, Rachel Zoe chatted it up with model Karolina Kurkova, while Motown legends Barry Gordy and Smokey Robinson sat just tables away. Also in the house were Joe Jonas, Brit socialite Lady Victoria Hervey, designer Rachel Roy and many others. As for the entertainment, partygoers enjoyed a live performance by Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds and opera singer Vittorio Grigolo.
· Dream for Future Africa Foundation [Official Site]