Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Is Highland Park's on-the-rise York Boulevard officially cooler than hipster haven Silver Lake's Sunset Boulevard? Condé Nast's Daily Traveler seems to think so, and the globetrotter-focused pub recently name-checked two local-loved indie boutiques that are helping the artsy Eastside stretch up its street cred.
Calling out go-to home inspo haunt Platform and new vintage shop/golden turban winner Shopclass ("Prices put Westside shops of the same ilk to shame"), the travel site also cited a handful of other must-stop spots along the creative corridor that are luring Angelenos away from the traditionally hip 'hood of Silver Lake.
So what say you about York's rising Yelpability—is it a total "yes" or not quite there yet?
· What You'll Find on L.A.'s Coolest Street [CN Traveler]
· How to Shop Highland Park Like a Local [Racked]
· Tour Tiffany Kunz's Ultra-Cool Highland Park Jewelry Studio [Racked]
· Where Rebecca Clark Finds "Very Cool" Stuff in Highland Park [Racked]
· The Top Places in LA for Decor, Furniture and Home Inspiration [Racked]