Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, who? Inspired by the social media phenomenon that is the Rich Kids of Instagram, a new series on E! called Rich Kids of Beverly Hills is set to debut next January. Per the network's official release, the series will go "inside an elite social circle of billionaire and millionaire twenty-somethings where Birkin bags are bottomless, mansions are a dime a dozen and social media is everything. AKA, grab your popcorn.
We first learned about the eight-episode half-hour show's existence over the summer, when our sister site compiled a list of totally outrageous, but totally possible-in-the-land-of-rich-people plot lines. But now, we have the cast! From a Louboutin-obsessed blogger named Morgan Stewart to a "Funemployed!" Dorothy Wang worth billions, take a gander at the five #blessed ones below and start following their Instagrams before they're, like, super-famous.
- Morgan Stewart, 25. Occupation: Boobs and Loubs blogger.
- Dorothy Wang, 25. Occupation: "'Funemployed!' for now…"
- Brendan Fitzpatrick, 25. Occupation: Boyfriend to Morgan Stewart and "holds a lucrative position at a top real estate firm."
- Roxy Sowlaty, 25. Occupation: "Freelance interior designer."
- Jonny Drubel, 25. Occupation: "Boy crazy" singer and songwriter.
· Rich Kids of Instagram [Facebook]
· Rich Kids of Instagram [Instagram]
· 9 Plots Lines We Expect From 'The Rich Kids of Instagram' Show [Racked]
· E! Orders 'Rich Kids of Beverly Hills' to Series [The Hollywood Reporter]