Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- "Hello Kitty everywhere!" - @ayeooosabz
- "Is this actual real life?" - @salzzz_
- "I spy with my little eye...where's Kitty? Fresh fruit plate starter prior to Landing." - @rolleyes
- "#HelloKitty #EVAair #byeLA" - @amandaditio
- "Hello Kitty Menu and Rimowa amenity kit. EVA Royal Laurel LAX-TPE. - @rolleyes
- "Eeek...Hello Kitty!!" - @tiff_anytam
- "Taiwan, Hello Kitty everywhere." - @alexalexiskeh
It's been nearly one month since EVA Air's incredibly cute Hello Kitty Jet touched down at LAX. Although we certainly got our feel of the Taipei-bound aircraft's in-flight perks via a generous walkthrough on ground, we're curious how actual flying passengers are digging the experience so far. As expected, it's blowing minds and triggering tons of Instagram-worthy moments.
We've rounded up a few gems here, from the themed boarding pass design to the branded dinnerware to the all-important Hello Kitty-shaped food. (We also included a bonus snap of the epic Sanrio scene that folks encounter once they land in Taipei.) Have you booked your flight yet?