Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Clae Footwear showed a lot of choice casual shoes, but these black leather oxfords won out.
- The perfect printed jacket in military green from Hyden Yoo.
- Stripes on stripes on stripes from Herschel Supply Co. over at The Ntwrk's showroom.
- We found a silky soft leather travel kit from Clark & Madison at Flagship's showroom. Can't resist? Pick one up here
- A sleek contrast leather mandarin collar on a polo by Kill City.
- Over at Comune, their boot line lands in stores this month but the treatment of this leather vest was a favorite.
- Racked fave Grover offered a range of 17 colors of this contrast collar cotton polo shirt.
- A whimsical water gun print from Primitive, in matching tank and swim trunks. Accessorize with a 90's throwback Super Soaker.
- Original Penguin surprised with another military green jacket with a floral lining from their Spring collection...
- ... and with this vintage waterskiing print from their Summer collection!
While accessories for women were killing it over at the Cooper Design Space's COEUR Show, menswear was holding it down at the Los Angeles Men's Market, hosted at the California Market Center. A joint effort between agencies The Ntwrk, Flagship, The Park, and The Foundation, the two-day event showcased over 80 men's brands for buyers across SoCal.
With cult-favorites brands like Huf, Obey, and Undefeated in attendance, streetwear was well-represented. Primitive, Super and Wellen had the surf and skate crowds covered. There were tons of cool finds for the streets, beach and back, but we managed to narrow down ten top menswear picks for the season.
After the main event, buyers and vendors mingled at Flagship's after-party at Kim Sing Theatre on Figueroa. In addition to sets from DJ Forest Bump (Jay Z's "Tom Ford" was a definite highlight) and The Summer Twins, Flagship hosted a pop-up shop featuring discounted wares from their showroom.
· California Market Center [Official Site]
· Kyyote, Cornetti, More: 12 Cool Booths at DTLA's COEUR Show [Racked]