Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Iridescent excellence by Australia's Le Specs.
- Love Misa Jewelry's Journey Step necklace as much as we do? Shop it here.
- CoRNETTI's stunning sandals are designed in LA and crafted in Italy.
- Minimalist baggage by The Swedish Model.
- Only Erica Weiner could make Cicadas look chic. (Buy them for an easy $30 here!)
- Absolutely adorable animal charms by LA's Ariel Gordon.
- Delicate sleepwear-meets-daywear by LA's Maison Du Soir.
- Leave it to NYC's Nettie Kent to produce the only cuff we want to wear this season.
- We love the colors and simplicity of LA's Kyyote jewelry.
- Prismatic jewelry by Vancouver's Army of Roskosz. (This was their first trade show!)
- Posh sweater/topper action by LA's Groceries.
- Another shot from Army of Rokosz because their booth setup ruled.
- Raw stone realness by LA's Alana Douvros.
Just like last year, yesterday we stopped by DTLA's Cooper Design Space to experience COEUR Show, a unique accessories tradeshow where buyers can scope the best in jewelry, footwear, eyewear and handbags by today's rising design stars across the globe. While just about every booth left us totally inspired, twelve of them—including seven locals!—really nailed it.
After marveling over international finds by Le Specs, The Swedish Model and Army of Rokosz, and East Coast treasures by Nettie Kent and Erica Weiner (gold Cicada earrings, anyone?), we explored some homegrown offerings. Misa Jewelry designer Misa Hamamoto caught our eye with her bevy of bold necklaces. (It didn't hurt that she was proudly displaying our recent feature on the brand at her booth, too.)
· Coeur Show [Official Site]
· 27 Colorful Snaps From the Downtown Flea's Epic Debut [Racked]
· Bliss Lau, Bare, More: Six Seriously Cool Booths at COEUR [Racked]
· Joyrich, Levi's, Harlyn: 21 Rad Finds at the Vegas Trade Shows [Racked]