Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The one and only Isabel Marant, left. [Photo by @inspiremi/Instagram]
- The event's glorious invitation. [Photo by @jenberi/Instagram]
- [Photo by @chicspace/Instagram]
- Milla Jovovich with blogger Jared Eng of Just Jared. [Photo by @millajovovich/Instagram]
- Isabel Marant with superbabe Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. [Photo by @kristofferkosloff/Instagram]
- Isabel Marant and Milla Jovovich introducing Warpaint. Watch the video here. [Photo by @marieclaire/Instagram]
- Warpaint performing live. [Photo by @bjpandabear/Instagram]
- [Photo by @marieclaire/Instagram]
Last night the Isabel Marant store on Melrose Place celebrated its LA anniversary with champagne, miniature snacks and a list complete with the Who's Who of fashion's best looking. Some partygoers were up close and personal inside the store where the bar was set up while others took in the cool LA night in the massive front garden. Classic tunes like Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" and Bob Marley's "Waiting in Vain"-wait is there a trend here?-played while the guests decked in everything from jeans and beanies to their finest suits contemplated eating the cutest hotdog we've ever seen.
For once in Hollywood, the smoking section proved to be the place with a view. From the trees lit with Christmas lights to the waiters passing out champs and ashtrays, everyone gathered outside for some fresh air. In one corner, Alessandra Ambrosio in a bright fuchsia Isabel Marant mini chatted with bestie and model Ludi Delfino while blogstars Emily Schuman and Shea Marie, who was in a Zara slip dress and Alexander Wang sweater, hugged it out on the side. Also onsite? Mandana Dayani, celeb stylist Cher Coulter and Racked favorite Ragdoll designer Lisa Larson.
While the party spent most of the evening at capacity, things really picked up when LA band Warpaint hit the in-store stage and Milla Jovovich, the face in front of the Isabel Marant for H&M lens, made her appearance.
· Isabel Marant [Official Site]
· Supermodels and Starlets Hit LA's Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic [Racked]
· Update: More of the Isabel Marant for H&M Lookbook Has Leaked! [Racked National]
· Today, Isabel Marant Welcomed Shoppers on Melrose Place [Racked]