Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The Coveteur hit the nail on the head when they said that Emily Schuman is "kind of like a next-level, modern-day Martha Stewart; she's practically a human Pinterest board and knows everything there is to know about food, fashion, DIY and beauty." As one of today's most influential bloggers, the LA-based author has paved the way for millions of home entertaining hopefuls across the globe, which is why Coveteur couldn't resist stepping into her world.
During a book-signing stop in Toronto, a Tibi-clad Schuman met the popular closet tour blog at her Four Seasons hotel room for a little style show-and-tell. Since we already knew that she's totally gorgeous and has an enviable wardrobe, here are six new discoveries:
1. She recently signed on with a licensing company to create Cupcakes and Cashmere products.
2. Her natural hair color is not blonde, but a "not-so-cute mousy brown."
3. She's a whiskey drinker: "I fell in love with a New Orleans' Sazerac (their version of an old-fashioned) during a trip there couple of years back and have been ordering and making them ever since."
4. Her first pair of designer kicks were Michael Kors espadrille heels.
5. She gets her nails done at Marie Nails (8616 W 3rd St): "They always do an impeccable job and I love playing around with different colors and techniques they offer."
6. She scores her vintage Chanel bags in Palm Springs: "The prices are a lot better in the desert, so I was essentially getting two-for-one (had I purchased them in LA)."
· Emily Schuman [The Coveteur]
· Rumi, Aimee, Emily Named Today's Most Influential Bloggers [Racked]
· 5 Things Learned About Rumi Neely From Her Coveteur Profile [Racked]