Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- All metallic gold everything. So on trend!
- Her vintage fur pairs well with the Beverly Hills Hotel's iconic banana leaves wallpaper.
- Taking the strong-shoulder trend to the next level.
- Looking pensive in prints.
- Our favorite sartorial cupcake.
- Who wouldn't want a stylish troop leader like Phyllis? (Fun fact: Her daughter was played by Jenny Lewis, who grew up to be quite the
- Of course, we couldn't forget Phyllis' runway-ready rendition of a troop uniform.
Before Cher Horowitz, there was Phyllis Nefler. Played by actress Shelley Long in the cult-classic 1989 film Troop Beverly Hills, Nefler is a soon-to-be divorced Beverly Hills society wife looking to prove that shopping isn't her only goal in life. So, she sets out to take over her daughter's Wilderness Girls troop as its new den mother and brings her over-the-top awesome wardrobe along with her.
Enjoy our gallery of some of Nefler's most memorable outfits, from an ultra-trendy gilded number to a pastel cupcake party dress to the troop uniform redux that Nicole Richie couldn't resist rocking this past Halloween.
· Troop Beverly Hills [IMDb]