Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Hermès 2005 Rouge Crocodile Porosus With Gold Hardware 30cm Birkin Handbag, $52,000. "Rouge should be every girl’s favorite color."
- Cartier 18K Pink Gold Diamond Tank Anglaise Watch, $20,000. "New in Box. Crazy, Huh? Retailed for $30,000. Security guard not included."
- Louboutin Crystal Fifi Strass Gold Pumps, $1,500. "Made with Swarovski crystals. Click your heels and go."
- Chanel Coin Necklace from the '80s, $2,800. "A lovely neck piece that's not to be used in parking meters."
- Chanel Quilted Double Flap Bag from the '90s, $3,300. "This is a total investment piece. Chanel bags always increase in value."
- Louboutin Crocodile Tall Boots, $8,000. "These came to us New in Box. Originally $20,000."
- Vintage Hermès Kelly Bag from the '60s, $19,000. "This says rich, but discretely. Very Grace."
- Yves Saint Laurent Feather Bolero from the '80s, $9,000. "I love the color. Doesn’t everyone need a bolero?"
- Balenciaga Haute Couture from 1955. "Stunning. Red was a favorite color at the Globes this year. This would have looked beautiful on the red carpet. Price? Think a Fiat."
- Vintage Mugler Leather Zip Dress from the ‘80s, $1,200. "Take the leather trend and ramp it up with this sexy piece. I could see Grace Jones rocking it."
- Gucci Crocodile Travel Bag, $12,000. "I am feeling croc. Owner never used it. Originally $65,000 with tags. It’s unisex and sexy."
- Alexander McQueen Dress, $3,000. "This is a breathtaking collectible."
- Pierre Cardin Haute Couture from the late '70s. "One of my favorite dresses at Decades. It makes me smile each time I pass it. Regarding price, this one is so special you will have to ring the store."
Decades has been one of LA's top luxury playgrounds since 1997. Co-founded by Cameron Silver and Christos Garkinos, the Melrose consignment retailer is known for its out-of-this-world range of rare vintage and couture pieces, which is why stars like Dita Von Teese can't get enough. There's even going to be a show about it come March.
Although other price points at Decades do exist (check out their under $300 section), Garkinos—also known as the "Robin Hood of Fashion" for taking luxe items away from the 1% and making them available to his shoppers—has handpicked 13 of the boutique's most expensive treasures for us to marvel at.
From a $52,000 Hermès Birkin bag to a Balenciaga Haute Couture gown from 1955 that costs as much as a Fiat, step into our fantasy gallery and, if your pockets are deep enough, snap up these gems in-store or online today.
· Decades [Official Site]
· Christos Garkinos Is Waiting for a Tom Ford Sample Sale Invite [Racked]
· Cameron Silver on His New Show, His Favorite Suit & LA Fashion [Racked]
· Bravo's New Decades Series Finally Gets a Name and Date [Racked]