Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- This junior Olympic-size lap pool features a saline filtration system, which is apparently great for skin and hair.
- The ridic basketball court, home of the celebrity society league known as the "E League."
- The locker room's well-lit jacuzzi.
- One section of the lounge.
- More lounge action, with the new restaurant in the background.
- And more.
- The sun deck features lounge chairs, sunbeds and cabanas. Summer can't come soon enough.
After a yearlong renovation, the new Equinox Sport Club is finally ready for its close-up. Formerly known as Sports Club/LA, the 100,000-square-foot property was acquired by Equinox back in 2011 and is now considered the luxury fitness company's global flagship for its flashy, high-end features.
From a lavish new lounge and restaurant to an olympic-size lap pool and celebrity-frequented basketball court, there's a reason why this is one of the most expensive clubs to be a member of in LA, rivaling West Hollywood's Soho House. Access to the West LA club alone will set you back $210 per month, plus a $175 one-time initiation fee. So, what exactly does this pricey membership get you?
In addition to using top-of-the-line equipment, working out with some of the country's most sought-after trainers and freshening up with gratis Kiehl's products in the locker rooms, members also have access to the aforementioned revamped lounge area that features drinks and bites from OLIVER café. There's also a swank and spacious sundeck, complete with cabanas that will certainly come in handy this summer. If stars are what you're looking for, hit up the eco-friendly, NBA-approved b-ball court, which is where the celebrity society league known as the E League now plays. Leo DiCaprio and Justin Bieber are both members.
For the deepest of pockets, Equinox Sports Club also offers a few fab add-ons, such as full-service valet and car washing, shoeshine, Michaeljohn salon services (blowouts, manis, the works) and A-list spa perks. The spa's 24-carat gold facial (they use real gold powder!) and youth-enhancing caviar indulgence signature facial are member favorites. Tour the club in our gallery.
· Equinox [Official Site]
· Equinox Lands Terry Richardson for 2013 Ad Campaign [Racked]
· LA Trainers Star in New Epic Equinox Pilates Promo Video [Racked]