Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- We didn't catch this SLS partygoer's name, but she was something else.
- Caramel-flavored vodka in the middle of the day, anyone?
- Gratis makeup, courtesy of Shany.
- Paging Honey Boo Boo.
- This bag is a dress.
- The scene.
- The InStyle Beauty Lounge was much more intimate.
- Fancy snacks.
- A L'Oreal serving station. Now we're talking.
- Our friend Wil Raston of Woodley & Bunny offered complimentary brow shaping.
- The Shave of Beverly Hills hooked gents up with a clean face.
- Pretty side braid action.
- Four Seasons' breezy beauty station.
If you noticed a crazy amount of traffic on the road today, it's because celebrities are scattered all around town visiting gifting suites. As if stars need any more spoiling, tons of hotels have set up special rooms with their properties that are filled with free swag and treatments for talent to enjoy. Of course, not all gifting suites are created equal, so we stopped by two big ones—the Golden Globes suite at the SLS Hotel and the InStyle beauty lounge at Four Seasons Beverly Hills—to weigh in.
Our first stop was the SLS event, which reminded us a bit of last year's Wedding Salon. The place was jam-packed with indie vendors pushing a variety of interesting products. Reality stars and hopefuls (like our friend above) gobbled up the generous gift bags, which were filled with everything from organic beauty products from Shoosha (the brand literally launched today), haircare items from OSIS, makeup by Shany, and even baby formula. Come to think of it, there were tons of baby items offered, likely due to the sudden surge of celeb pregnancies.
Next, we made our way to InStyle's intimate beauty lounge at the swanky Four Seasons. This was definitely the place where big names roamed, like Selma Blair who was simultaneously hiding from the paps and trying the suite's variety of treatments when we walked in. The event featured complimentary hair and makeup touch-ups by L'Oréal Paris, mini manicures by OPI, eyebrow shaping by our friends at Woodley & Bunny and super-soft Donna Karan hosiery. We could get used to this.
· Woodley & Bunny Apothecary Beautifies West 3rd [Racked]
· Cocktails, Cupcakes, Cocktails: Inside The Wedding Salon [Racked]
· What It's Like Inside the Critics' Choice Movie Awards [Racked]