Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Vivienne Westwood Space Age dress, $485; Jeffrey Campbell Thunder platform, $152
- Lilya Orion jacket, $185
- Lilya Orion jacket, $185; UNIF Hellbounds platform, $235
- UNIF Splice dress, $122; Jeffrey Campbell Thunder platform, $152
- Jeffrey Campbell Soiree heel, $115
- Vivienne Westwood Space Age dress, $485
- Blessed Are the Meek Great Lakes pant, $135; UNIF Caution shirt, $125; Jeffrey Campbell Soiree heel, $115
- Virgo x Wasteland Tall Stars, $178
- Virgo x Wasteland Tall Stars, $178; Ian Honeycomb leather top, $85
- Imitation of Christ Paillette top, $65; Dolce Vita Monika platform, $118
- Shakuhachi Scuba Cutaway dress, $228
- Shakuhaci Robo long sleeve dress, $165
- Widow Ponte leggings, $65; BB Dakota Roxanne long vest, $105
Following Wasteland's retro BBQ with MINKPINK and trippy dress collab with See You Monday, the Cali retailer is stepping into the future for fall. Their latest lookbook is filled with a variety of looks that can only be described as "celestial chic"—think cutout dresses à la The Fifth Element, cosmic prints and tons of metallic.
Call us biased, but some of our favorite pieces from the lookbook come from LA-based designers, especially these JC Thunder platforms and this UNIF Splice dress. There are some pretty rad international designer looks in the mix, too, like an aluminum foil-ish dress by British punk fashion hero Vivienne Westwood and the white dress by Australia's Shakuhachi that Nasty Gal's Sophia Amoruso wore for her Into the Gloss profile.
· Wasteland [Official Site]
· Inside Wasteland and MINKPINK's Rowdy Retro BBQ [Racked]
· Behold Wasteland & See You Monday's Trippy Summer Dress [Racked]
· 5 Things We Learned From Sophia Amoruso's ITG Feature [Racked]