- An interesting homage to Porsche Design's first watch
- Porsche Design's pre-party at its Rodeo Drive boutique
- A portrait of Jame Goldstein at his house
- Kate Beckinsale!
- Color-happy aviators
- Live painting on a model
- One of Goldstein's killer Balmain jackets
- Goldstein's personal party photos lined the walls
- Another of Goldstein's killer Balmain jackets
- A Porsche x Nike collab installation
- Goldstein's casual wear
- A Porsche perfume installation
- The car that started it all
Porsche sure knows how to party. In honor of Porsche Design's 40th anniversary, the luxury German carmaker's style company threw a grand bash at legendary architect John Lautner's Sheats-Goldstein House in Beverly Crest. We've been swooning over this scenic structure ever since our sister site Curbed LA went snap-happy there last year, so we were pretty excited to experience it IRL.
After meeting at Porsche Design's BH boutique (236 North Rodeo Dr), guests were whisked away via private car to wealthy fashion fanatic James Goldstein's iconic digs overlooking LA. The residence featured a wild series of Porsche-inspired fashion installations mixed with Goldstein's own belongings (yes, he actually lives there), like two of his prized Balmain jackets.
After gawking over some seriously aspirational pieces, we were greeted with even more eye candy when the event's host Kate Beckinsale arrived later in the night. She joined Porsche Design Group CEO Juergen Gessler on a massive stage in the courtyard for the event's grand finale, which involved purses falling from the sky.
· Porsche Design [Official Site]
· Inside John Lautner's Dangerous Sheats-Goldstein House [Curbed LA]
· Bumbys, James Goldstein Hit Stylehaus' Poolside Fashion Show [Racked]