Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Saint Laurent-themed cupcakes, courtesy of Frosted Cupcakery
- Saint Laurent-themed nail art, courtesy of NCLA
- First free mani customer
- Original pieces from '60s YSL, when the line was called Saint Laurent Rive Gauche
- Mani-matching with a Saint Laurent jacket
- Saint Laurent-themed drinks, courtesy of Little Black Dress vodka
- More vintage Saint Laurent
- NCLA's sparkly new collection amidst themed cupcakes (which were gobbled up quickly)
- NCLA's fall collection
- Two NCLA's stylish founders, Arianna and Elin
- More vintage
- The enchanting DJ set-up
- The scene
To celebrate Saint Laurent's legacy, creative director Hedi Slimane's West Coast love affair and LA's obsession with thematic nail art, NCLA threw a shopping soirée at What Goes Around Comes Around on La Brea last night, where cupcakes were had and nails were did.
If you're wondering why Saint Laurent's "new" logo looks rather retro, here's a quick history lesson: When iconic designer Yves Saint Laurent first launched his ready-to-wear line in 1966, it was called Saint Laurent Rive Gauche. Earlier this year, new creative director Slimane decided to salute the past by famously changing the fashion house's name from YSL to Saint Laurent Paris and return to the label's original, art deco-inspired branding.
Back the party. Guests were treated to Saint Laurent-themed manicures, courtesy of NCLA and the LA-based polish brand's shiny fall collection. Designs were inspired by vintage Saint Laurent frocks on display. Once their digits were dry, partygoers took advantage of the snack station, which featured branded cupcakes by Frosted Cupcakery and drinks by Little Black Dress Vodka. Take a peek at our party snaps and be sure to visit WGACA for more sartorial eye candy.
· Pierre Bergé Praises Hedi Slimane's Plan for Saint Laurent [WWD]
· Beverly Hills and a Rolls: The Charmed LA Life of Hedi Slimane [Racked]
· Don't Miss WGACA and NCLA's Saint Laurent Shopping Soiree [Racked]