Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Essie polish parade at Beverly Hills Hotel
- The Essie-fied lounging area
- Keeping with the Emmys theme, Essie offered guests a space on their nail wall of fame...
- ...complete with a mock handprint ceremony!
- A red velvet cake-flavored vodka station -- we must be at Adrienne Maloof's crib
- Kyle Richards
- A pop-up spray tan booth
- Free manis at Maloof's
- Amidst indulgences, the party also included 14 Day Meltdown Program demonstrations by celebrity trainer Jacques Laventure
- Faye Resnick and one of her many Hermès bags
- Curling action, courtesy of Blow Angels
- L'Oreal polish paradise at the HBO Luxury Lounge at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills
- These L'Oreal x Project Runway metallic shades hit stores mid-October
- CND Shellac manicure station
- New Era headwear at The Presenters gift lounge backstage at Nokia Theatre
- Black & Decker hand vac or flex vac from the company's new Platinum collection
- Paper Denim & Cloth's relaunched line for men and women (out next month)
- Trail-friendly kicks by New Balance
- What's a gift lounge without an Emergen-C bar?
Prior to stocking up on refreshments and fare for our at-home Emmy viewing parties, we took advantage of the primp-heavy weekend's generous beauty suites. Our first stop was at Essie's blogger pampering party at the ever-swank Beverly Hills Hotel, which featured complimentary manis, champagne and so-worth-it carbs. We also go to test out the Hollywood-favored nail polish brand's "Stylenomics" fall collection that includes this awesomely opulent dark green shade.
After warming up at the legendary BHH, we headed to Adrienne Maloof's jaw-dropping estate (which was just put on the market for a whopping $26 million) for more pampering. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star teamed up with Softcup to offer a day of massages by Bliss Spa, more manis (one can never have too many), Color Science makeup touch-ups, Blow Angels hairstyling, Body Bakery spray tanning and even lash application by celebrity lash guru Ja'Maal Buster.
Naturally, we spotted some familiar faces at Chez Maloof, including co-star Kyle Richards, series regular Faye Resnick and Real Housewives of Orange County star Alexis Bellino. And in case you're wondering, fortunately (or unfortunately, for the drama lovers) there wasn't a cat fight in sight.
L'Oreal was the official beauty presence at the HBO Luxury Lounge at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills, and when Racked stopped by Friday afternoon beauty technicians were hard at work painting nails and styling hair. Polish expert Tom Bachik, who did Zooey Deschanel's TV nails, walked us through L'Oreal's range of Project Runway metallic polishes (which will hit stores in mid-October) and L'Oreal's new "nail lingerie," sheets of nail appliques that resemble fishnets that will debut in November.
Security was super-tight at The Presenters gift lounge backstage at the Nokia Theatre on Saturday—so tight that members of the press had to be personally escorted from the parking garage in to the building and down to the lounge. To ensure that no reporter went rogue and disappeared into the confines of the theater, the security detail extended to bathroom trips. Once inside the lounge there was a treasure trove of freebies. New Era had brought a selection of caps, hats and beanies; Paper Denim & Cloth was showcasing their relaunched lines for men and women (debuting October 1st); New Balance had brought along its newish trail-running shoe; and CND Shellac was providing chip-proof manicures. In addition, presenters on the verge of a cold could belly up to the Emergen-C bar; those interested in household cleanliness could pick up a Black & Decker hand vac or flex vac from the company's new Platinum collection (also out October 1st).
· Essie [Official Site]
· Real Housewives of Bev Hills Turn Up for Kyle's Boutique Launch [Racked]
· 19 Private Celeb Instagram Snaps From Last Night's Awards [Racked]