Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Yesterday, we blogged about the crazy-fancy Walgreens coming to Sunset & Vine. The store has just received its liquor license and now can proceed with construction. And though there's no official opening date on the calendar, we have a real preview of what's to come courtesy of our friends in Chicago who toured a Walgreens concept store back in January. Here is just some of what's planned for Hollywood residents:
1. A professional-looking sushi bar
2. A huge beauty department that looks like what you'd find on the first floor of a department store
3. An espresso station
4. A wine shop complete with $250 bottles of champagne
5. A humidor
6. A nail salon
Click around their slideshow of the drugstore chain to get a feel for what it will all look like in action.
· EXCLUSIVE: Preview of The Massive Walgreens Flagship on State Street at Randolph [Racked Chicago]
· Crazy-Fancy Walgreens on Sunset and Vine Gets the Go-Ahead [Racked]