Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Sunflowers make for lovely props [Photo via Neil Favila]
- Killer loot scored at UNIF's booth [Photo via theriverwolf_]
- Haul from The Cobrasnake's booth [Photo via delaneymeow]
- A ping pong contest happened [Photo via Connected Fest]
- Street artist Ironlak gracing the fest's main wall [Photo via Meowcatciao]
- Another awesome haul, courtesy of pieces from UNIF, Dimepiece and Obey [Photo via mbchanel]
- Stellar collage action [Photo via btek_jbwkz]
If there's one thing that we learned from the success of Hester Street Fair's rad summer marketplace, it's that our city really loves a street fest—especially when fashion is involved. As predicted, this past weekend's Connected Fashion Fest was tons of fun and just what we needed to distract from the (ridiculously) scorching heat.
In addition to live street art by Ironlak and some ping pong action, booths were generously stocked with killer scores from a handful of cult-favorite local designers, include dangerously high platforms by UNIF and oh-so-'90s sweaters by The Cobrasnake. Don't believe us? Click through our gallery for some super hauls found 'round Instagram.
· Connected Fest [Official Site]
· Shop Wasteland, UNIF, More at Saturday's Connected Fest [Racked]
· Hollywood Turns Up for Hester Street Fair's Indie Night Market [Racked]