Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- "The ride" at Widowmaker Hill Climb
- "Utah sacrifices"
- "I discovered a new life skill: eating fried chicken out of a bag in the parking lot"
- "Lukewarm Amy & Brian's" at the Nevada/Utah state line
- "American Eagle. No, literally."
- "Ne'er-do-well in a dead girl dress"
- "Behind the scenes of what we deal with every time we make a pit stop"
- "Outsized tires, super flattering duh"
- "I made biker friends today and they let me ride their Harley Davidson!"
- "Please never wear your Chucks like this"
- "Margot is so obvious, I'm a Chas girl now"
- "Back on the road with @bryanboy"
- "Teamwork! This is my favorite task in this road trip!"
- "Ok big guy" at Commerical Casino in Elko, NV
- "Champion Cowgirls in this side of the wild wild west!" in Winnemucca, NV
- "My new life"
- "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!"
- "This is what I wear to shoot fashion bloggers under the insane 105 degree sun" at the Rye Patch Resevoir
- "Jump!!!!!" at Pyramid Lake
- "Probably assessing radioactivity potential right then" at Pyramid Lake
- "Fuck blogging, fuck normal life in general"
What does it look like when two fashion bloggers prone to documenting their every outfit take a road trip across Utah and Nevada? Exactly like this. LA's own Rumi Neely, the proprietor of Fashiontoast, and her BFF BryanBoy have packed up their designer wardrobes and commenced Instagramming, Tweeting and blogging their way across the desert. Rumi explained the expedition on her site, writing:" I'm road tripping through Utah and Nevada with Bryan this week, mostly to put each other's real world functionality to the test. You'd be surprised at who's totally useless at what but I will say he was the one to figure out the proper way to close the trunk of our rental car."
Things that they have done so far: trek across the Bonneville Salt Flats (Rumi in a pair of silver 3.1 Phillip Lim D'Orsays), hit a casino in Elko, stop in to a "Boot Barn" in Winnemucca for authentic Western gear, swim in Nevada's Pyramid Lake, eat fried chicken in a parking lot and many other things you don't typically see them posting about on their respective sites. They look like they're really enjoying themselves. Follow along here, here, here or here for more images from their journey.
· Cowgirls and Gaysians in the Wild, Wild West [BryanBoy]
· Surface of the Moon, Utah [Fashiontoast]