Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- We loved this Max Fowles pleated leather skirt
- Stylehaus founder Marina Monroe with designers Parisa and Max Fowles
- According to Max Fowles, leather kneepads are trending for fall
- Fall faux fur
- The man, the myth, the legend: James Goldstein
- The Bumbys giving "fair and honest" style appraisals
- Stylehaus' Summer Style Lab inside the Mondrian. Check out the James Goldstein tees!
Reality stars, local legends and wealthy fashion fiends packed in like sardines at Mondrian Los Angeles' Skybar last night to pop bottles and mentally prepare their fall wardrobes. It was all thanks to stylehaüs—the celebrity favored, Rick Caruso-approved retail/styling service—who presented a poolside fashion show for rising LA designer, MAXFOWLES.
After watching Parisa and Max Fowles debut their fall collection of leather pocket dresses, quilted skirts, faux fur outerwear and denim with kneepads (yup), we scoped the equally entertaining party scene. Highlights included typewritten style appraisals by mega popular performance artists The Bumbys, as well as a surprise cameo by LA multimillionaire (and NBA superfan) James Goldstein, who was decked out in his best eccentric cowboy ensemble.
Over at the stylehaüs seasonal style lab inside the Mondrian, there was a fall fashion installation and a collection of Mr. Goldstein T-shirts that are apparently only available at one other boutique in the world: Colette in Paris. Swing by the Mondrian to nab one now before they sell out!
· stylehaüs [Official Site]
· Madewell, J.Crew Men's, Stylehaus Opening at The Grove [Racked]
· Stylehaus is Hosting a Fall Fashion Show at Skybar This Thurs [Racked]