Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
This being the fourth year of Fashion's Night Out, most retailers are on board with the event. Expect a lot of DJs, some drinks and discounts—and, from a select few shops, free stuff. We've combed through the official FNO site listings and our own overstuffed inbox to bring you the night's best freebies, from fortune tellers (it's a big night for that industry) to faux tattoos to manicures. For more FNO guides, make sure to click over to our list of the best block parties and the top shopping center events.
1. Alice + Olivia (134 S Robertson Blvd; 6—11pm): Stacey Bendet knows how to throw a party. Stop by for a braid bar, manicurists, a charm bracelet station, a (faux) tattoo booth and aura and palm readers.
2. Kelly Wearstler (8440 Melrose; 6—10pm): An NCLA polish expert will be in residence, offering four different nail art designs based on patterns from Kelly's fall 2012 collection.
3. Christian Louboutin (650 N Robertson Blvd; 6—9pm): As previously stated, psychics are proving popular at this year's FNO parties. Louboutin, for instance, will have tarot card readers offering private readings to guests for the occasion.
4. Saks (9634 Wilshire Blvd; 6—8pm): Saks will have glitter tattoos, lipstick and handbag "readers," champagne and sweets as well as appearances by shoe designer Jerome C. Rousseau, jewelry designer Bonnie Star and clothing designer Andrea Lieberman.
5. Santa Monica Place (395 Santa Monica Place; 6—9pm): In addition to mini makeovers and other goodness, Santa Monica Place will have a fashion illustrator on hand to sketch guests' outfits for fun keepsakes.
6. Bloomingdale's (8500 Beverly Blvd; 6—10pm): If your energy levels are flagging, head to the second floor of Bloomingdale's, specifically the women's accessories section. There, the department store will be offering complimentary coffee from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for the night.
7. Lululemon: (103 S Robertson Blvd; 6—11pm): The heathy folks at Lululemon will have pressed juices available for FNO revelers. They'll also be putting on a fall fashion show at 8pm and will be offering giveaways and gift bags with purchase.
8. Molton Brown (South Coast Plaza, 3333 Bristol St, Costa Mesa; 6—10pm): Molton Brown is setting itself apart this FNO with a quirky giveaway. They'll be handing out fascinators ("the popular British hair accessory") to put shoppers in a festive mood, and will also have IZZE drinks and Georgetown Cupcakes sweets.
9. Kenneth Cole (All locations; 6—11pm): Check in with Foursquare and you'll get a free Kenneth Cole tote bag—the first 20 to do so will recieve one signed by Kenneth himself. The retailer is also offering complimentary cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.
10. Charles David: (Beverly Center; 6—11pm): Drop in for hair braiding by Blow Angels and a photo booth.
11. True Religion: (Beverly Center; 6—11pm): Also participating in the Beverly Center's big FNO blowout is True Religion, which will be offering "vintage hand-painted" tattoos as well as refreshments.
12. The Divorcee Sale (8428 Melrose Pl; 6—10pm): The Divorcee Sale is offering yet another opportunity for guests to find out what awaits them in the future. They've hired Jacquelyn, The Fashion Fortune Teller, to share the good (or bad) news.
· Bev Center, The Grove: Top FNO Shopping Center Events [Racked]
· Robertson, Abbot Kinney: Top FNO Block Parties [Racked]
· All FNO Coverage [Racked]