Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Following our list of FNO block parties is an equally convenient roundup of action-packed, park-once bashes at six malls and shopping centers across the city.
1. Beverly Center (8500 Beverly Blvd; 5—11pm): The central hub for Fashion's Night Out will include generous free self parking from 3 to 11pm. At 6:30pm, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa will kick things off with a video address, followed by live appearances by Vogue West Coast fashion editor Lisa Love, Pretty Little Liars star (and the night's host) Lucy Hale, and Beverly Center FNO campaign star Kendall Jenner. Click here for a hefty list of additional festivities, including a Forever 21 fashion show at 9pm.
2. Malibu Country Mart (3835 Cross Creek Rd; 6—10pm): Wildly popular red-wigged performance artists The Bumbys will be at this couture carnival-themed bash to provide partygoers with hilarious style appraisals that are dramatically drafted on old-school typewriters. After taking in live music, getting henna tattoos and noshing on food truck bites, swing by Planet Blue for some wine, DIY action, a meet-and-greet with designer Mary Myers of Novella Royale and 20% off the entire store.
3. The Grove (189 The Grove Dr; 6—9pm): The newly reopened Banana Republic boutique is hosting a shopping soirée featuring drinks and an acoustic performance by Morning Parade. Over at Zara, a secret celebrity DJ will be spinning tunes while you shop and throw back drinks from the Spanish Cava bar. And be sure to dress your best: exceptionally stylish guests will be featured on Zara.com's party page.
4. Americana at Brand (889 Americana Way; 6—9pm): If you're in Glendale, swing by Americana to shop hop while taking in some live music and complimentary treats. Participating stores include Free People, Juicy Couture and BCBG, where you can Instagram your BCBG-styled look for a chance to win a $1,000 wardrobe.
5. Westfield Century City (10250 Santa Monica Blvd; 6—9pm): Bloomingdale's is hosting a beauty pop-up shop and a trunk show with jewelry designer Whitney Stern. The shopping center will also feature a fall trends presentation and a mini manicure lounge in the center court.
6. Santa Monica Place (395 Santa Monica Place; 6—9pm): In addition to Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's beauty lounges with free mini makeovers and goodies, guests will be treated to a performance by American Idol Season 10 finalist Stefano at 7pm, followed by a fall fashion show hosted by Los Angeles Magazine fashion editor Linda Immediato at 7:30pm sharp. If you're looking for a unique FNO souvenir, a fashion illustrator will be on hand to sketch your stylish ensemble.
7. Brentwood Country Mart (225 26th St; 5—9pm): Enjoy food, drinks, raffle prizes and a live performance by rockabilly and country favorites, The Americans. Over at Post26, join Decades co-owner Christos Garkinos and Post26's Jeannine Braden to receive celebrity fashion advice and peruse Decades' specially curated "Westside Story" selection of pre-loved clothing and accessories. Two lucky attendees will win $500 gift cards to shopdecadesinc.com and guests who spend over $300 will receive an autographed copy of Cameron Silver's forthcoming book Decades: A Century of Fashion.
· In Your Face [Racked]
· All FNO Coverage [Racked]
· Robertson, Abbot Kinney: Top FNO Block Parties [Racked]