Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
It's almost time, folks: Fashion's Night Out 2012 is going down next Thursday, September 6th. Rather than offer one definitive roundup of parties like last year, we're hooking you up with a handful of categorized hit lists to ensure that all of your FNO party goals are met. The first list features the best of this year's block parties, which is the way to go if you're looking for some one-stop outdoor fun. From a laser show on Robertson to a gold rush on Abbot Kinney, we've got you covered.
1. Robertson Blvd: Given that WeHo is a top FNO hotspot this year, prepare for lots of action at this roped-off street party. In addition to music by Mayer Hawthorne complemented by a full-on laser light show, boutique events include Kitson's (142 N Robertson; 6—10pm) party with beloved boho label Gypsy Junkies, free tarot readings at Christian Louboutin (650 N Robertson; 6—8pm) and an exclusive "Kill The Night" comic book gift with purchase at 3.1 Phillip Lim (631 N Robertson; 6—9pm).
2. La Brea Ave: All the District La Brea FNO haps are taking place between 1st and 2nd street. In addition to tons of food truck action, there will be photo booths, live music and a $100 giveaway to the best FNO photo snapped at La Brea's participating retailers and Tweeted to @DistrictLaBrea #FNOLA #LaBrea. In-store events include a What Goes Around Comes Around trunk show (159 S La Brea Ave; 6—9pm) Blind Barber drinks at Unis (138 S La Brea; 6—11pm).
3. Melrose Ave: A slew of chic soirées will be happening in the Beverly Grove area, west of Fairfax. Diane von Furstenberg (8407 Melrose Ave; 6—10pm) will feature cocktails and a complimentary styling session, Helmut Lang (8382 Melrose Ave; 6—11pm) will treat guests to live music, gourmet bites and themed drinks, Kelly Wearstler (8440 Melrose Ave; 6—10pm) offers free NCLA nail art designs inspired by the designer's vibrant fall collection, and Vivienne Westwood (8320 Melrose Ave; 6—9pm) will celebrate its special collab with Merino Wool by hooking up guests who spend $250 with a free T-shirt from the line.
4. West 3rd Street: Stop by Madison (8745 West 3rd; 6—10pm) to customize your own LNA T-shirt, peruse Luv AJ's latest baubles and hang with the party's host, fashion blogger Ashley Nevah. Then, hop on over to Trink Turk (8008 West 3rd; 6—9pm) to enjoy a "T Party" (get it?) in honor of the designer's English Eccentric collection.
5. Abbot Kinney: Head to this mega popular Venice block for a handful of boutique bashes, including Heist's (1100 Abbot Kinney; 6—11pm), annual "Gold Rush" fête, where you can trade in your gold and silver cast-offs for cash to shop with at the store. Mona Moore will debut a new installation called "Ideal Woman" by fantastic LA artist Allie Poh and our friends at GANT Rugger (1308 Abbot Kinney Blvd; 6—11pm) will be serving sweet libations and a chance to win a $1,000 shopping spree.
· All FNO Coverage [Racked]