Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Love this adorable cut-out dress (held by one of the gorgeous Naven twins)
- We can't believe that Harlyn makes their own prints, like this pretty peplum top's watercolor masterpiece
- AGAIN's crazy-cool neon moto jacket
- We can't get enough of Wildfox's totally '90s bustier and mini skirt
- Geometric dreams by Isabel Lu
- This Junim Los Angeles coat seems very Pendleton, no?
- Love, love, love Bleulab's reversible denim
- This well-ventilated number by For Love and Lemons is too cute
- Eyeing this adorable eyelet by Kova & T
- UNIF's insane Hellraiser mega platform was a major crowd-pleaser
If you've noticed the LA streets a bit quieter this week, it's because the majority of fashion folk are in Las Vegas for MAGIC—the world's top marketplace for apparel and accessories. One of the major trade shows participating is PROJECT, which is held at Mandalay Bay and highlights contemporary fashion game-changers. We peeped the scene yesterday to zero-in on ten must-have items from our city's crème de la crème.
While we spotted many of our city's established hometown heroes (Wildfox, Naven), it was also exciting to discover innovative threads from new local talents, like Harlyn's dreamlike watercolor prints. We also stumbled upon AGAIN and their crazy-cool PVC neon moto jacket, Isabel Lu's geometric pastels, For Love and Lemon's sheer partywear, Kova & T's eyelet perfection, Bleulab's reversible denim (genius much?), UNIF's unique super platforms and Junim's killer chunky fall coat.
· PROJECT [Official Site]
· Bliss Lau, Bare, More: Six Seriously Cool Booths at COEUR [Racked]