Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- A fitting display for the Luv AJ x Stylestalker collection, which was inspired by the 1982 sci-fi film Blade Runner
- Luv AJ designer Amanda Thomas
- Amethyst is always a complementary backdrop
- We love this cyberpunk chain choker
- "The collection is plated in this awesome blue/purple rainbow color. It look a while to nail that hue." - Amanda Thomas
- Armor arm candy
- Drinks and jewelry -- nothing better
- Luv AJ's collection with stylist Alexandra Spencer of 4th and Bleeker was inspired by septum piercings -- clever
- "This collection also has a Céline/punk chic vibe. It's ladylike and a little bit dangerous, which is what I like." - Amanda Thomas
- Amanda Thomas chatting with Nylon TV
- Stone Cold Fox co-designer Cydney Morris
- Lovely lace shorts by Stone Cold Fox
- Tropical bloomers? Yes, please
- The designers chatting with Nylon TV
- Cute lip balm keepsakes
- The scene
- Nightswim at Roosevelt's Tropicana pool
The cool factor was through the roof at last night's Luv AJ and Stone Cold Fox VIP preview. Held during the Roosevelt Tropicana Bar's weekly Nightswim party, stylish folk gathered in a private suite behind the DJ booth to dance, drink and take a peek at the latest collections by two cult-favorite local labels.
Upon arrival, we beelined to Luv AJ designer (and beauty buff) Amanda Thomas to see what type of rad adornments the jewelry line's superfans like Whitney Port, Rihanna and Rachel Bilson will be rocking next. The always collab-happy Thomas unveiled not one, but two collections: A Blade Runner-themed line created with hot Aussie label Stylestalker and a set of septum piercing-inspired pieces with stylist/model/blogger Alexandra Spencer of 4th and Bleeker.
Over at Stone Cold Fox's corner, designers Cydney Morris and Dallas Wand (best name ever?) walked us through their vintage-infused range of easy chic garments. Given that this Cali line is single-handedly responsible for the lace bell-bottom craze, we're confident that their newest creations will set trends, too—especially their lightweight leather halter dresses and bloomers.
· Luv AJ [Official Site]
· Stone Cold Fox [Official Site]
· LF and Luv AJ Team Up on Festival-Friendly Jewelry [Racked]
· Amanda Thomas of Luv AJ Shares Her Beauty Dream Team [Racked]