Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- "Saundra in B39 always displays her jewelry in the most creative ways!" [MTP]
- "Taylor Swift - Shopping at Melrose and Fairfax flea market in Los Angeles - August 28, 2011." [MTP via Lonnie McCoy]
- "Ouch! These heels are dangerous!" [MTP]
- "Melrose Trading Post - vintage galore" [MTP via Fanology Social]
- Blogger Karla Deras wearing bamboo hoop earrings from the Fairfax flea market. [MTP via Marina Chiara]
- "Just two tables ... find 'em, paint 'em, stack 'em. Love this idea." [MTP via Corinne Walker]
- Red Hot Chili Pepper's Anthony Kiedis and Flea, aka "Fairfax High School's best students." [MTP via Isabella Elizabeth]
Melrose Trading Post is one of our city's top flea market gems. Nearly every Sunday, we make it a point to swing by Fairfax High School's parking lot to peruse MTP's vintage treasures and scout for potential Street Scenes stars. The place is brimming with inspiration, so you can imagine our excitement when we recently stumbled upon their equally stimulating Pinterest boards.
From snaps of Melrose Fashion (local blogstar like Karla Deras makes a cameo) to Only in LA moments (did you know that Taylor Swift visited MTP last year?), we're hooked. Click through the gallery for some of our favorite Pins thus far.
· Melrose Trading Post [Official Site]
· Melrose Trading Post [Pinterest]
· Chanel Iman Was a Troublemaker at Fairfax High [Racked]