Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Pattern pleasure
- Head designer and creative director Nicky Zimmermann with models, all in Zimmermann
- The epitome of ethereal
- It wouldn't be a Zimmermann preview without lust-worthy swimwear
- Hey Mr. DJ
- Introducing the instantly covetable Balance Eclectic Shirt in Floral
- Slim strap evening shoe in hydrangea
- This wasn't part of the fall preview, but we couldn't pass up snapping Zimmermann's too-cute kids offerings
- New stripes
- The perfect grab-and-go statement jacket
- Another crowd-pleaser: the Flip Side Circle Jacket
When Australian swimwear and ready-to-wear label Zimmermann opened their first US boutique on Robertson last summer, the sun shone a little brighter. Their whimsical cuts in gratifying graphics are a perfect match for our city's carefree sartorial style, which is why setting up shop on the West Coast was a no-brainer. "Same girl, different hemisphere," head designer and creative director Nicky Zimmermann explained to us last night, while presenting the brand's enchanting fall/winter collection. "The playful fashion here reminds me of Australia." Proving her and her sister Simone's affinity for conversation-starting garments, Zimmermann fall is filled with clever pattern play, bright hues, adventurous silhouettes and touchable textures. Our eyes were glued on a botanical chiffon blouse with mismatched floral prints, a patchwork one-piece swimsuit, a paint-blasted black jacket and powder blue lace-up heels. Take a peek in our gallery and snap the collection up when it hits stores next month.
· Zimmermann [Official Site]
· 13 LA Shops To Buy New Bikinis or Boardshorts This Summer [Racked]
· Zimmermann's First US Store Brings Ready to Wear, Ready to Bare Fashions to Robertson [Racked]