- Charcot sheer lace cardigan in cream, $348
- Korcula chiffon long-sleeved blouse, $185
- Norrell white 100% silk tank, $210. Calista double-layered lace trim skirt, $297
- Back shot of Charcot sheer lace cardigan with Norrel white silk tank and Calista double-layered lace trim skirt
- Basilan silk chiffon blend tank in mustard yellow, $195. Kos double-layered skirt, $245
- Cova textured skirt, $213
- Twiggy sheer large sleeved dress, $146
- Basilan silk chiffon blend tank in cherry red, $195. Kos double-layered skirt, $245
- Charcot sheer lace cardigan in black, $348
In an effort to fill the void between casual wear and luxury wear, LA-based designer Lacey Horning created Merritt Charles in 2008. Named after Horning's grandfather, this cult-favorite women's label offers unique high-quality basics with a minimalist appeal. Backed by superior craftsmanship, top-notch textiles and timeless silhouettes, each piece can be passed down through the years—just like the Merritt Charles family name, which is carried by Horning's father, brother and nephew.
For her spring/summer 2012 collection called Korcula, Horning debuts luxe lightweight blouses, floor-grazing double-layered skirts, slinky silk tanks and a retro-inspired mini dress with oversized sleeves. The most eye-catching piece from the range is the Charcot sheer lace cardigan, which comes in cream or black and features light-as-air coverage fit for day or night summer soirées.
Shop the collection online or in-store at Fred Segal SaMo (500 Broadway), American Rag CIE (150 South La Brea) and Milk (8209 W 3rd St), to name a few. See a full list of retailers here.
· Merritt Charles [Official Site]