Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
If you've ever taken a stroll on Hollywood Blvd, then you know all about those random shops that blast
bad loud pop music to lure tourists into their lair of overpriced tees, hats, hoodies and random trinkets emblazoned with LA phrases and photos. And while us Angelenos have all caved at least once to purchase a local souvenir out of sheer irony, it's definitely not a common occurrence. So, where can we turn to when we're feeling especially spirited but want to avoid looking cheesy? To help with this occasional style conundrum, we've rounded up a few designer pieces that have creatively captured our Cali love.
1. Golden Goose Venice Francy Sneakers ($445): These super limited-edition high tops feature a print by one of 10 artists who participated in the Venice in Venice art exhibit in Venice, Italy that honored Venice, Los Angeles art from 1960 to 2011.
3. Wildfox I Love Los Angeles tee ($141): We first gave props to this tee back in January for its picturesque palm trees front and list of obligatory LA activities like "swimming at the Chateau Marmont" on the back. Plus, it's really, really soft.
5. Estevan Oriol LA Fingers tee ($26): Jessica Alba has been seen wearing this tee in white a couple of times. This is supposed to be a men's tee but the smallest size works just as well for gals.
6. Brandy Melville LA Love top ($29): This is Melville's top-selling tee, and for good reason. We dig the loose fit, worn-in wash, and soft quality. There's also a version in white for nearly half the price.
7. Maptote Los Angeles grocery tote ($17) and pouch ($16): We love this eco-friendly line of products decorated with our favorite locales. The also have a great wine tote that we'll definitely be using for boozy picnics this summer.