Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The most amazing garment rack, ever
- The scene
- Two adorable HOLA kids performed pieces from Beethoven and Bach
- This HOLA student announced that she was recently accepted to Brown University and is the first person in her family to go to college
- Store manager Carrie Ferenc and her super cool Marni coat
- Blogger Christa Jayne with personal stylist Arezoo Tarkian
- All ticket proceeds from this Marni bag raffle were donated to HOLA
Last night, the classical sounds of Beethoven and Bach infiltrated Marni's Melrose Place boutique, but it wasn't from an iPod or award-winning artist. The live music was provided by two students from Heart of Los Angeles (HOLA)—an organization that offers after-school programs in arts, academics and athletics for at-risk, inner-city youth in the Rampart community. The Italian fashion house invited HOLA's kids to perform during their charity shopping event, hosted by personal stylist Arezoo Tarkian of House of Arezoo and Linda Caan.
In addition to music, the night featured spring/summer collection shopping (20% of sales when to HOLA), a Marni bag giveaway (all ticket proceeds went to HOLA) and a heart-warming speech from the organization's youth members. One standout testimonial came from Ivania—an underprivileged high school student that was recently accepted to Brown University on a four-year scholarship, making her the first person in her family to ever go to college. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.
· Marni [Official Site]
· Heart of Los Angeles [Official Site]
· Party Snaps from the Magical Marni at H&M Launch Party [Racked]