Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- We loved these floral capri pants ($176).
- The scene
- There was something being filmed there, but we're not sure what. Hmm...
- The refreshments and candy bar lured guests in.
- "These drinks are alcoholic!"
- These high-waisted striped pants ($242) are very Beetlejuice.
- 5-pocket skinny jeans in Poppy ($187).
- The Make Up For Ever station
- A MUFE artist in action.
- The Gelish station, serving a very excited customer.
- Of course, we had to get in on the awesome gel action ourselves.
- Our Gelish shades of choice.
- Bikinis and stripes
- Pastels and stripes
- Fruit stripe bell-bottoms ($198).
- The Stacey bell pant in light blue ($198).
- More fruit stripes
- White bells ($198)
- For your festival needs, 5-pocket and hipster shorts ($154).
Last night, Alice + Olivia welcomed an intimate group of bloggers and frequent shoppers to their cozy boutique on Robertson for a preview of their new spring denim collection. After previewing the brand's floral capris, highlighter-hued jeans, retro bell-bottoms and Beetlejuice-worthy stripes, we perused the rest of the fun that the store cleverly coordinated for the night.
In addition to refreshing spiked drinks and a full candy bar (we love a good candy bar), guests were treated to eye makeup touch-ups by Make Up For Ever. And although we didn't partake in the aura color readings, we did take advantage of the free manis being offered by Gelish, which is a cool new soak-off gel polish and treatment that's safe, nail-friendly and has been receiving rave reviews in the nail art scene.
Flip through the gallery for our party snaps and shop A+O's spring denim here.
· Alice + Olivia [Official Site]
· Alice + Olivia's Stacey Bendet Wants to Dress Beetlejuice [Racked]
· Aura Color Readings at Alice + Olivia; The Easter Bunny's Sched [Racked]