Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Come-Como summer dress from Blue Violet Boutique, $49
- Patterson J. Kincaid dress from A.sweeT., $198
- Erin Fetherston lace dress from A.sweeT., $365
- Paper Crown black jersey dress from A.sweeT., $189
- Nameless bird-print dress from Number A, $56
- Parker strapless dress from A.sweeT., $253
- Mark & James by Badgley Mischka beaded cocktail dress from Four LA, $330
- Lovely Planet backless dress from Blue Violet Boutique, $90
- Paper Crown floral dress from A.sweeT., $407
Shoptiques is a new site that allows you to buy merchandise online from indie boutiques in your city that may not have e-commerce. They're live in LA, New York, Miami, Chicago, San Fran, Boston and Atlanta—click on a city and you can further specify what neighborhood you'd like to browse in. Right now that breakdown for LA is Beverly Hills, Downtown and West Hollywood (what, no westside love?).
Although the offerings are a bit limited, it's an intriguing concept. And shopping three LA neighborhoods from your couch, no car time needed, is appealing. Above, we've rounded up nine pretty dresses available on the site now from shops like A.sweeT. on Beverly Drive, Blue Violet Boutique on Santa Monica Boulevard and Four LA on Melrose Ave.
· Shoptiques: Los Angeles [Official Site]