Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
From that classic Chanel 2.55 bag that you saved up for to those beat-up Chuck Taylors that never seem to disappear, we all have a mix of high and low items that take up permanent residence in our closets. And although our most stylish hometown heroes have tons of designer threads to choose from, even they play fashion favorites, which is why we're checking in with them to find out where their loyalty lies. This is Tried-and-True.
Although DJ/model/stylesetter Harley Viera-Newton currently lives in New York, she's a West Coast girl through and through. Born in London and raised in LA, she frequently visits her hometown to meet up with friends at fashionable haunts like Chateau Marmont and to get her golden highlights touched up at Neil George Salon in Beverly Hills. She also makes it a point to hit Coachella every year, where her effortlessly rad style is snapped and surveyed by the masses. Here, HVN exclusively shares with Racked LA the top five wardrobe staples she can't live without.
1. Charlotte Olympia Kitty Flats ($788): "I'm a crazy cat lady, so these were obviously an essential buy."
2. Tom Binns Last Laugh Shark Gold Cuff ($300): "This is the perfect tough-meets-chic cuff for everyday wear."
3. Vintage Levi's Denim Cutoff Shorts ($23): "They're my summer uniform and look great with everything."
4. Ralph Lauren Black Label Cable-Knit Cashmere in Cream ($400): "It's a great classic jumper and super cozy."
5. Céline Trio Bag in Dusty Pink ($850): "I love this bag because the dusty pink is subtle enough that it goes with everything, and the three zipper compartments hold a surprising amount."
· Harley Viera-Netwon [NEXT Model Management]