Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Printed Rochas bodysuit and gold Tiffany & Co. bangle
- Floral appliqué briefs by Blumarine and gold Tiffany & Co. bangle
- Miu Miu top and skirt, gold Tiffany & Co. and Gucci bangles, and Jerome C. Rousseau heels
- Striped sweater and shorts by Bill Blass; Oscar de la Renta wedges
- Paper Crown dress, Eric Javits hat and LC Lauren Conrad heels
- Malia Mills bikini and a gold Tiffany & Co. necklace
Lauren Conrad has accomplished more than most 26-year-old former reality stars. After a successful five-year stint on MTV's The Hills, the star swiftly closed the curtain on her personal life to feed her entrepreneurial spirit. Fast-forward to today, Conrad has two thriving clothing lines (LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's and Paper Crown), a couple of New York Times best-selling books, and a celebrated beauty blog.
After dodging post-Hills media for years, it looks like Conrad is finally tip-toeing back into the spotlight. For Glamour's May issue, LC graces the cover wearing Blumarine briefs, a gold Tiffany & Co. bangle, and not much else. The rest of the shoot—lensed by photographer Peggy Sirota in Malibu— features more skin-baring action, which is a pretty bold move for the otherwise conservative star and victim to tabloid scrutiny: "A couple of years ago someone zoomed in on my cellulite and it was so mean. I took it really personally, " she tells the glossy. "I haven't worn a bathing suit in L.A. in years because of that."
Conrad bares more than just a super toned body in this issue. She also reveals some juicy tidbits from her reality TV days: "During shooting, the producers would send us quick text messages telling us what to talk about. They couldn't walk through the shot, so they'd just text me, like, 'Say something quick about this story line.' That's why we were always checking our phones!"
Flip through the gallery for a peek at Glamour's spread and pick up the issue when it hits stores (and iPads, Kindles and Nooks) on April 10.
· The Coveteur Visits Lauren Conrad's Chanel-Filled Office [Racked]
· Sneak Preview! Glamour's May Cover Star Lauren Conrad Opens Up About Life After Reality TV [Glamour]