Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The DIY braiding station was the most popular booth by far
- Makeup application station
- A lesson in blow-drying
- We found the color theory booth most insightful. Takeaways: Bold hues are in, as is androgynous fashion and coifs
- Another display from the color theory station. Fashion's current trend hybrids: '50s "Glamma-billy" and '90s "Glunge"
- Tooth Jewels, really
- Food catered by Tender Greens
Last night, Hairroin Salon founder and Sebastian Professional spokesperson Janine Jarman invited local stylists and beauty bloggers to Space15Twenty to showcase her salon's six best services. The event featured DIY tutorials for blow-drying, braiding, and makeup application, as well as a hair accessories crafting station and a crash course in color theory. Complimentary tooth jewels were also offered to fans of Lana Del Rey's diamond tooth cap.
While there were tons of interesting booths and lessons, our favorite stop was at the braiding bar, which featured a play-by-play on how to master summer's most in-demand hairstyles, including the fishtail and crown braid. We also enjoyed the color theory presentation, where we learned two interesting hybrid trends: "Glamma-billy" (glamor and rockabilly) and "Glunge" (glamor and grunge). Take a peek at our event snaps and swing by Hairroin to test their bevy of beauty services today.
· Hairroin Salon [Official Site]
· Lana Del Rey Wore a Diamond Tooth Cap at Amoeba [Racked]
· Chop, Chop: Hairroin Salon Moving to Space 15 Twenty [Racked]