Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The man of the hour, Jeremy Scott
- We loved Katy Perry songwriter Bonnie McKee's bedazzled Dolce & Gabbana bodysuit
- Greg Krelenstein of NY-based DJ trio, The Misshapes
- An all-smiles Rye Rye
- Jordan Catalano!
- A glowing Lily Donaldson
- Frank Sinatra vinyl lined the restrooms
- Great jacket
- A-Trak on the decks
- The crowd obliged
- The inimitable Lauren Avery, aka Meg Ryan, aka The Paper Princess. Her choker says "SEX"
- There were tons of unicorn appearances on clothing. This jacket was our favorite.
- Meet Brooke Candy
- Meet Brooke Candy's mega platform sneakers
- BJ Panda Bear
- Legendary rock photographer Brad Elterman wearing a photo he took of Michael Jackson on the corner of Beverly and Doheny in 1978.
- Until next year
After fully recovering from 72 hours of unpredictable weather, endless open bars, drunken celebrity run-ins and fantastic eardrum penetration, we can now reflect on all the craziness that really went down at Coachella. Of the 17 super hot parties we hit, one of the most bananas bashes by far was hosted by Jeremy Scott and Adidas on Saturday night.
The longtime collaborators held their fifth annual fête at none other than Twin Palms—the legendary former estate of Frank Sinatra. Given that this year's invitation featured a retro tech theme ("you're cordially invited to party your inter-face off"), we knew that there would be some 8-bit action going on, but didn't expect the level of visual stimulation that awaited us. Décor highlights included massive neon Adidas installations, emoticon beach balls in the pool and giant LED keyboard tables.
While there was definitely an interesting roster of celeb attendees (actor/rocker Jared Leto, model Lily Donaldson, a fiery-coifed Lindsay Lohan, a very smiley Snoop Dogg) we were more intrigued by the array of creatively-dressed partygoers. Diehard Scott fans came in all shapes and sizes, rocking wing-accented pieces from the designer's Adidas Originals collab, blindingly bright technicolor get-ups, '80s memorabilia (Lisa Frank, anyone?) and outré looks that would make even Lady Gaga raise an eyebrow. But in Jeremy Scott's world, it all works.
Flip through our slideshow for some brave ensembles and check out even more curious sightings via Cobrasnake here.
· Jeremy Scott for Adidas Originals [Adidas]
· 17 Super Hot Coachella Events to Catch This Weekend [Racked]
· LA-Based Designer Jeremy Scott Took björk to Amoeba [Racked]